The Club hosted their Fourth Annual Sportsman’s Dinner on 2nd November at Bo’ness Town Hall. The 200-strong crowd was entertained by Tam Cowan, Craig Brown, Sandy Strang and Des Clarke.
It was an excellent evening that saw a record breaking amount of money raised for club funds. With such an amount donated to the cause, the aspirations and vision of the Club can be reached much sooner.
The Club would like to thank everyone that attended, from all the very generous sponsors: Derek Rennie Joinery Services, NorDan, D&J Sibbald, MB Electrcial Services, McNicoll Vehicle Hire, C Nimmo Decorating Services, Scots Bearings and The Black Bitch. Special thanks also to those that could not make the event due to other arrangements but who are very much supportive of the Club’s endeavours: Hunters of Linlithgow, Alchemy Inns, Sainsbury’s and Freebets.
Following initial introductions and toast to our Armed Forces, the delicious meal by Alex Graham Caterers was served. MC for the evening, Tam Cowan, kicked off with the Red/Yellow Card game. In an act of sheer kindness, the winner donated the £100 prize money back into the Club.
The Prize Raffle, with amazing prizes on offer was the next landmark event. Prizes were:
1st: Two Tickets to David Haye v Tyson Fury Fight in Manchester, with luxury overnight hotel stay (De Vere) on 8th February 2014.
2nd: 24″ LED HD TV/DVD Combi with NOW TV & Sky Sorts Bundle
3rd: Two Tickets for Justin Timberlake Concert on 5th April 2014 (SECC)
4th: Bo’ness Utd v Linlithgow Rose (Hospitality for 4)
5th: Four Tickets for Premier League Darts (27th February 2014, SECC)
6th: Bottle of Whisky
The speakers had the audience in stitches throughout the evening. Sandy Strang kicked off proceedings with a frenetic performance. Craig Brown provided an interesting insight into his Scotland Manager’s experiences which the audience really appreciated and found hilarious. Des Clarke was the final speaker and had the place in raptures. Tam Cowan was absolutely on fire throughout the course of the evening as MC and was superb as the auctioneer.
The remarkable auction prizes were:
* Liverpool v Sunderland Hospitality Package: Two Tickets for Bill Shankly Lounge on Saturday, 8th March 2014 (Kindly donated by Alex Brown, NorDan)
* Diego Maradona Signed Argentina Jersey
* The Leg Opener Package: Two Tickets for Justin Timberlake Concert & Meal for 2 at Livingston’s Restaurant (Meal kindly donated by Derek Livingston) (Sat, 5th April 2014)
* Denis Law Signed Scotland Jersey
* Celtic 1967 European Cup Winners Signed Jersey
* Rangers 1972 Cup Winners Cup Winners Signed Ball on Stand
* Davie Weir Signed Painting (Kindly donted by Blantyre Rangers)
* Celtic 2012-2013 Champions Signed Jersey
* Ally McCoist Signed Rangers Jersey
* Scotland Squad Signed Jersey
* Signed Billy McNeil Autobiography Book (Kindly donated by Harrison Stevenson, Bo’ness Utd)
* Jermaine Defoe Signed Tottenham Jersey
* Stuart McCall Signed Motherwell Jersey
* Andy Goram Signed Goalkeeper Glove (Kindly donated by Ross Cunningham)
* Rangers 2013-2014 Signed Ball
* Aberdeen 2013-2014 Signed Ball (Kindly donated by Craig Brown)
* Hearts 2013-2014 Signed Ball (Kindly donated by Henry Smith)
* Player Issue Airdrie Scottish Cup Final 1992 Jersey (Kindly donated by Harrison Stevenson, Bo’ness Utd)
* Golf Stand Bag (Kindly donated by Robert Arkley, Kingsfield Golf Centre)
* Fourball at West Lothian Golf Club (Kindly donated by Alan Gibson, WLGC)
* Fourball at Kingsfield Golf Centre (Kindly donated by Robert Arkley, Kingsfield Golf Centre)
The Club is very grateful to everyone that attended and supported the Club, the wonderful bar staff, the Town Hall, the stewards, Steedsy, The Crown Bar in Bo’ness and Alchemy Inns, Grangemouth.
As Craig Brown said “There is a superb vibe about this club. Defintely heading for the top.”